Wednesday, September 24, 2008

21-Day Challenge/Mission Statement!

So, I was reading about a 21-day challenge today, and it made me think about how frustrated I am with my own eating and discipline right now, despite working my toushie off in the gym...I miss my uber-lean self, and want to take a step to head back in the right direction...To that means, here is my mission statement:

My health and wellness deserve a renewed focus in my life, and my body is craving the foods I know will nourish and strengthen me. I will use the next 21 days to kick off the healthier habits I want to instill in my life, and prove to myself that I can regain and maintain my healthy physique.

For the next 21 days, I will:
1. Workout each morning with 1 rest day per week
2. Prepare and bring my daily food to work
3. Follow a clean eating diet, with 90% compliance
4. Complete all New Rules of Lifting (Fat Loss 1)workouts
5. Have a massage to celebrate during the final 7 days
6. Plan healthful dinners for the week to limit grocery store trips and lazy eating
7. Blog about my 21-day challenge and my progress
8. Take and post before and after pictures to motivate me through challenges, and appreciate the progress I make in this short period.

My goal for these 21 days is to execute the above 100%, lose 5 pounds, and inspire others to start their own 21-day challenge!

That said - um, pictures? Really? Did I write that??!! Since the final day of my TT challenge/contest, I have really avoided the camera. It's funny how ANY extra weight feels HORRIBLE when you've been pretty lean! But, it's the great equalizer, and pictures don't lie...But, logistically I may have an issue getting pics taken/downloaded, so I am REALLY going to try to make that one happen, but am going to hit the others full force even if I am not able to accomodate that one.

I'll start my 21-day challenge tomorrow, and finish on Wed Oct 15th (yay - Wed I head out of town to MN for a family visit - it's perfect timing for feeling great around family I haven't seen in a while!). My trip is just one more STRONG inspiration to stick with my plan and my mission!!

Anyone want to join me? :)

2 comments:

Krissa said...

I am excited about following your challenge and then I just realized that it is over in 3 days. So did you complete the challenge? How did everything go?

Krissa said...

Darn, I was hoping you would come back to your blog :)