Monday, July 28, 2008

TT Challenge Update - 14% Body Fat and 15 lbs Lost~!


So, my 12 week Turbulence Training Challenge is over! Finished yesterday, with results of 15.2 lbs lost and 6%+ of bodyfat lost to get to 14.15% BF! I am thrilled with my results, and that I was able to hit and exceed my goals of 15 lbs and 15% bodyfat.

I'll be honest - this was NOT a piece of cake! I worked hard, the entire 12 weeks. I ate clean - no cheat meals, no alcohol, and ALOT of ground turkey, chicken breast, and eggs and egg whites! And ALOT of veggies! I did Turbulence Training programs, including executing ONE Turbulence Training workout a week with my trainer, and high intensity interval training 3X per week - along with additional steady state cardio to boost weight loss as we saw such slow progress from the beginning! But, the progress I saw week by week motivated me to keep going and keep working hard!

The fact that I was able to do 3 separate 4-week workout regimens during that time made it diverse and interesting, and I was always challenged by something new! I love the Turbulence Training concepts and workouts - I could be in and out of a HARD weight-lifting workout in under 40 minutes, most days. And the HIIT really helped burn the fat and change the shape of my body, as did the myriad of one-legged exercises built in to Turbulence Training. The crazy thing was that in the challenge, there are 20 year olds and 60 year old executing the same workouts - these are not for JUST elite athletes or experienced weight lifters! I've gotten two of my close friends into Turbulence Training during this time, and both LOVE it and have seen real gains in a short period of time...It is so rewarding for me to see people I care about find the program that works for them that they enjoy!!

I did a quick photo shoot in my backyard to try to capture better pictures of where I got to in this challenge, and although I am still awaiting my official "after" pics (due to email rejection issues between my trainer and I!), I can share this non-official "after" pic to show you what is possible and what 14% BF looks like on me! I feel great and am really on a high from achieving the goals I set out to achieve - I hope if you are reading this you know that I am not heroic, and I am someone who has struggled my whole life with weight, and have just finally found the diet and exercise combo that worked for me! I hope you'll take a look at Turbulence Training, if you are interested in transforming as well!

Before and after pics to come soon!!


2 comments:

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

You've done an amazing job!

Julie B said...

Congratulations on sticking to the 12 week plan. You look fantastic! Now for the even tougher part..maintenance! I have been maintaining a while and it just does not come easy!! Good luck to you and keep up the hard work!