Thursday, June 19, 2008

Update on Turbulence Training Challenge #2

So, I am 6 weeks into the 12 week Turbulence Training Challenge, and things are going phenomenally! I have lost 8 lbs, and at LEAST 1.5% BF (as I measured after 4 weeks, and not since then). I have really leanned out with that 8 lbs (given I started at 20% BF), and am completely stoked that the program and eating I am on are WORKING, and are programs I am going to STICK WITH after the 12 week challenge!

I would LOVE to post pictures, but have decided that I'm going to only post before and after pics. It dulls the impact of totally sick "after" pics when you've been posting your progress regularly - people are used to your new leaner look! I want to shock and awe with my results - I am so focused and disciplined because of this challenge!

The support on the TT forums is great - it helps so much to be learning from others, and know you aren't in this alone. It's reinforcement when you need it, and someone to celebrate your victories with, big and small.

I found a little digital Canon camera that I thought I had lost, left on an airplane or just lost somehow about a year ago - but I found it in a purse I hadn't used in a year!! So fun to have all of those pictures back!! However, on it were pics from last summer, and I was SO heavy! It is painful to look at those pictures. I wasn't weighing myself at the time, knowing I was heavy. A BIG lesson for me is that I HAVE to keep the scale out in my bathroom, and have to get on it at LEAST once a week...Otherwise, you can so easily end up 5-7 lbs up before you realize what has happened! I get on it daily right now - and some days it is up .5-1.5 lbs, and some days it is down! I need to see trends - if I am plateau-ing I need to DO something after a week of no movement. I'll change my diet a little, add a bit of cardio, or just increase my intensity if I can...But you can't lose sight of the number, no matter how bad it gets. The truth is better than ignorance.

I wish the me of a year ago knew about TT!! Especially before my wedding in May 07! My fitted wedding dress is in MN, and I just thought about this - I can't wait to try it on when I go home this summer! I know it is going to be way too big, which will make me happy, and yet sad...I wanted to be in the BEST shape ever on my wedding day, and I completely was not...But after the wedding and the stress leading up to it, I definitely gave myself a "free pass" on eating for months...Not good...

Okay, have heard enough good stuff about Dax Moy's "Magic 100" goal achieving program that I am going to buy it today! My life is really "flowing" right now, and I want to take advantage of that and organize my goals so I can keep achieving more! I'll let you know how that goes - I'll probably post some of my goals here and progress!!

2 comments:

DaxMoy said...

Hey Karla!

You'll be most welcome on the program, my friend : )

Dax Moy
http://www.themagichundred.com

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Karla, you're going to love the M100 program. I've been using it for years.

Glad you are liking TT. Stay strong!

craig