Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

What a weekend, workout wise! Friday pm I worked out with a new trainer, one who is more familiar with Turbulence Training and the precepts, and who teaches a bootcamp I am a regular at on Sundays. I started a new TT program, TT Fusion Fat Loss - Advanced, and we worked through workout A completely. It was good to have her guidance on an Olympic lift that I hadn't done (properly!) before.

Saturday was a 25 minute walk-run, just steady state work trying to keep perceived rate of exertion around 7 or so out of 10. Sat night we went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - feared it could be a minefield of poor choices, but it was GREAT!~ I had seared ahi with crab meat sprinkled with peppers - all clean and delicious! Salad was tomato and onion and I put vinegar (not vinegrette!) on it, and that was super tasty, too! Long and short - it FELT like a cheat meal, because the food was so good! Since I am not planning on any cheat meals during the 12 week competition, these types of meals are invaluable mentally.

Finally, today (Sunday) did my weekly bootcamp workout in the park. It is held on an artificial field and outdoor track, so we do plenty of short sprints, 5 minute medium speed runs, agility and speed drills, then abs...I was still sore from Fri/Sat, but working out felt good. About 17 people out today (with two leaders) and great sunny weather, so an outdoor workout was great.

Tomorrow marks day 29 of 84 (beginning of week 5!) of the challenge. I plateaued for about a week and a half, and have lost about 3 lbs in the past 4 days, so I feel like I have pushed past that plateau (and hopefully gained momentum that continues)! I am still focused on my Challenge goals - which I just realized I never posted any goals! I want to lose 15+ lbs and have visible abs!! I'd like to get to 15% BF, but we'll see what weight and BF it takes to get the lean look I want.

So, 1/3 of the way through this challenge, I feel GREAT physically, I feel acclimated to the diet and am in love with the lifting/cardio plan! I have tried SO many different programs over the past few years, and to find the right program and the right support to finally make progress and eventually meet my goals, well, that is a GREAT feeling!

I am working on a post to talk a little more about my training program, but if you are interested, Craig Ballantyne now offers a 21 day $4.95 trial offer - this was not available when I started, but I definitely would take advantage of it if you are interested and want to kick the tires a bit! You get access to EVERYTHING I and all other TT members have - that's a pretty huge amount of information. Here is the link: Click Here for TT 21-Day Trial Offer

Keep reaching for those stretch goals!!

No comments: